Thursday, June 3, 2010

Don't worry I'll be fine.

First, check out our picture under news on the PC website. peacecorps.gov . Got the shots today at the beginning of what is about to be the longest day of our lives. Waiting, then shots (yellow fever), then waiting. Then flying 8 hrs, then waiting 4 more, then flying 8 hrs. again.

The group that is going together is so unbelievably amazing. We immediately hit it off and because awesome friends and do a great job of looking out for each other. It didn't take us long through training and talking about upcoming experiences that this will be our support network, much like a family, for the next 2 yrs. And we can't wait!

Most interesting fact of the day: We get to have a PC softball tournament in country in which we compete against PC teams from surrounding countries, which I thought was wicked awesome.

Board the plane shortly and take off at 5:45.

Peace out.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Regan! Here I am, as promised. Jude :) I have already read all the blogs about the PC and I am so pumped to follow you on your 2 year journey! I will be here with any encouragement you need. Just tell me to make you laugh, if you ever need it, and I'll try my best. I already heard that you were making fun of the way I backed all the way out of sparkman park...thanks. But anyways, i'm so so so beyond proud and excited of/for you. PLEASE cherish every memory you make, good or bad. You will learn so much throughout this experience. You're an amazing role model to me, Reg. I love you, home slice. Take it easy. (p.s. i made this blog esspecially for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blog Regan, and I'll add it to my look at everyday list, and maybe you can play against Stevo, who knows. Take some pictures, tell me about the food, and I love the SL time in the top right, and when you get back you should get this transferred to a book. I may start a blog, but honestly I like writing in a book, nice and old school ;). Take care and hope to hear more stuff. It's strange the things you find everyday is gonna be different than people their's everyday tasks and vise versa. Well catch you later sister, from your favorite brother.

    Cape

    Ps. the name 'Reganomics' is awesome.

    over and out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regan I am so proud of you and what you are doing!! I am sorry I missed seeing you off but Luke and I were on his Senior Cruise! I am going to miss you but I would love to come over and visit!! Maybe your mom and I will make that trip!! Please let me know what I can do to help or what I can send you!!! I love you like my own and you know you always have a very special place in my heart!! I am ALWAYS here for you NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! I LOVE YOU!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete