Thursday, July 15, 2010

Update on site and pics.

Found out today that I will be teaching in a little village in central southern Sierra Leone called Mano. It is in the Southern district and has a population of about 1,500 people. It is in the Moyamba district if anyone cares to google

After summer school, they drew a giant map of Sierra Leone and when they called out our sites, we went to stand on our stars so we could see which volunteers are around us. I am super stoked and I'm pretty much out in the middle of nowhere.

ALSO,I mailed a memory card home to mom with all of the pictures and videos I've taken so far, so maybe they'll be up sometime soon online. Sorry I can't post as they happen. Miss you all. Peace.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see them. I have yet to see you in your beautiful skirts! Let us know what you need, please, and let us know when we can mail stuff. I am kind of like... ready, set, GO!

    Love you,

    ap

    PS First it posted under Kakhi's name and then Granny's... I give up

    July 15, 2010 8:17 PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome.... You leave a city where there's a minor league team named the Huntsville Stars and go to Moyamba, where the Yambatui Stars plan minor league football. How cool is that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yambatui_Stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, my name's Matt - RPCV, Togo 08-10. I was in Sierra Leone last year and wanted to know if Shenge got re-instated as a PC site?? and seeing that you are so close to Moyamba, how far are you from the coast?? Nice blog, btw-- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, you can email me at dvoyage@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete